I am officially the parent of a teenager. I have been dreading this, at least I was a few years ago. Things like this seem to creep up on you without you recognizing any real change. We have discussed good teenagers as opposed to the classical teenager. I want my teenagers to be happy and successful and that means being a good person even when it is hard and your body is changing a lot. So for the first day, things are pretty good. In fact, Ruth really is quite amazing on the whole. She is an excellent student, she is helpful and organized at home. She doesn't mind working and cleaning and helping with her younger siblings. She reads her scriptures and prays. She attends church happily and likes to learn at church. I have no complaints. I just hopes she stays on the same path.
I think Ruth had a pretty good birthday. It is unusual to have my parents around for a birthday, so that made the whole event more special. We did the normal fancy dinner, presents, and cake, and then a bunch of us went to see Tangled in the dollar theater.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Ruth!
My oldest will be 12 this year...it's incredible how fast the years have gone by! Glad to see you blogging again. I missed you :)
Happy bday Ruth! She is amazing! And I love the picture of all of your kids piled on top of your parents on the love seat! Classic.
Happy Birthday Ruth! We think the world of you at our house, my boys love it when you babysit. Thanks for being a great teenager!
What till she turns 15! That's the hardest age. Then by 21, she'll be normal again. At least I was.
Happy birthday to Ruth! I LOVE teenagers and 'd take a million of them over one four-year-old boy---sad, but true. It's such a blessing to have such a great one to lead the way for the others to follow. Sounds like she's a great example.
so cute and fun! when Grace is a teenager, I hope I am as confident in my 13 yr old as you are.
Congrats on being a mom to a teenager! Lillian turns 12 in a month and that seems like such a change for me.
Post a Comment