 |
| I rarely have a normal picture of Johnny |
Johnny hates going to the dentist and he hates brushing his teeth. But he is doing a lot better at brushing his teeth because 7 months ago, Johnny had five cavities. We had to hold him down until the novocaine and gas took enough affect. I was awfully embarrassed; Johnny was truly terrible. Now dental time has come again and Johnny had another 2 cavities. (He is now carefully brushing his teeth for a full 2 minutes.) Yesterday, Johnny went to get his fillings. I decided to stay in the waiting room in hopes that Johnny would behave better without me there. He did. Johnny began by expressing his fear to the dentist. Then he asked the dentist to say a prayer with him to help him make it through his fillings. The dentist was kind enough to do so, and he and Johnny prayed together. Johnny still squirmed around, but he made it through with no force. I think we will keep this good dentist.
1 comment:
I'm impressed with both Johnny's courage asking the dentist to pray with him and also the dentist for indulging him. What a good kid you've got! =)
Post a Comment