A lot of people know already, especially my kids primary teachers. But, it seems like it is time to announce that I am 10 weeks pregnant. Baby number 8 is due January 26th. My kids want me to be patient at the end because if I am a week late, then the baby will be born in February. That is a big deal because we have 2 funny records. First, all of our children have their birthdays in a different month. The kids don't want me to ruin this one. Since I have only ever gone into labor once on my own, I suspect this won't be hard. It will be a matter of being patient and not asking to be induced around the due date. The second funny record is our children have come in a pattern. We have girl, girl, boy, boy, girl, girl, boy. We have no control over this one, and it would be great bedroom wise if this baby was a boy, but I kind of think it is a girl. I have felt pretty sick this time around and the two other babies that I felt the most sick with were Ruth and Rachel. Since we are getting toward the end of having children (at least that is what we expect), we have first names picked out already. I suppose this could change, but a boy will be Noah, and a girl will be Arwen.
We expect to get plenty of criticism. This baby will only be 18 months younger than Joseph, and our eighth child. I know that leaves a lot to criticize. But, we feel like we are following the will of God. When I prayed about another a baby, I had two serious concerns. First, we do not yet have a car that will fit our entire family, and second, I have not lost the weight from the last two babies. I felt very strong that Heavenly Father would take care of both of these things and that we should have another baby now. Heavenly Father has always taken care of us in miraculous ways. I trust him completely. I got pregnant immediately after that. I had a positive pregnancy test May 17th. I don't think it was more than a week after that, that John got notice of a raise that begins today. It will cover a car payment for a 3 year old van. (I am currently waiting for John to say, this van is the one. He is slow with expensive decisions.) I know that God is at the helm and directing our lives. I know that this baby is suppose to come to our family at this time and I am grateful that Heavenly Father sees fit to give us another child to raise.
10 comments:
Congratulations to you and your whole family! Exciting news, and of course people will judge, it is human nature. But only you and John know what is right for your family and situation, and since you are obviously prayerful and diligently faithful on the matter...well, the MORE THE MERRIER!! :) And by the way, I personally think that Noah is an awesome name for a boy! ;)
Congratulations! I hope the pregnancy goes well and that you start feeling better soon!--I enjoy getting to know you better through the things you post here. It's encouraging to know there are others trying to do the right thing and let God be their guide.
:)
I'm so excited for your family! You are amazing!!!
Congratulations! I figure if you're going to have them, you might as well have them close in age, right? You're doing a great job with your family.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. This little baby is coming into a wonderful family! I hope that you get feeling better and that all continues to go well!
Congratulations, Diane! We think that is great news.
I'm sorry (in advance) for the criticism you most likely will face. I hope you will always remember how little those people know about the true state of things, your business, or God's will for you and for families.
We do't face a LOT of criticism here, but we are definitely odd ducks having only 2 children and still being in school. Not a single other grad student in the department has ever had kids except for the moms going back to school or those having a baby just as they finish. So I can only imagine...
We think you're awesome though and we look forward to being able to see you guys more after the move. Woohoo!
DIANE! Congratulations!!!
This is so exciting. I expected that you were when I read that comment on you facebook wall - but I thought maybe it was a joke, so I wasn't sure.
I am sorry that you aren't feeling too well. that is an unfortunate part of being pregnant.
8 kids is A LOT OF KIDS! and all I have to say is more power to you! You guys have always astounded me with your faith and trust in God as well as your parenting. I am sure you can handle it. I like your name choices as well.
Anyway congrats again! I hope you feel better soon! loves!
Congratulations! You know, Jon and I had wanted 9 kids originally. With my c-sections, I don't know if it will happen, but we know that we have been blessed with each baby as well--and if it's a girl, we will have girls close together!
Congrats! And I think you are both wonderful parents! I wouldn't feel any trepidation to you adding another 10 kids to your family if you so desired! If you were lousy parents I might feel differently (even though it's not really my business anyways... and if you have 20 kids maybe you could send a couple our way? Been trying for 7 months and I'm starting to wonder if Jer's vericicle came back.)
Deedee...well you know how I feel....when you put your life in the Lords' hands he takes care of the details....maybe you will be blessed with that even dozen that I and Dad wanted!!!!! Love you Sweetie MOM
Post a Comment