Monday, July 12, 2010

Busy Computer/ Sisters

The computer has been very busy lately. It has been very hard for me to get on to even check my email. I suppose that is how most weekends go. John and Johnny usually play a long game together, Ruth has been writing a lot of blogs and taking a very long time to do so. I have often thought over the last four days that I wanted to write about such and such, but by the time the computer is free, it is either time to make dinner, bedtime, or I just cannot remember what it was I wanted to write about. So, now I have time, specifically because I said, "No." to the computer usage requests. But, as usual, I cannot remember that interesting blog topic.

On a 'not as interesting topic' I have thought about writing a post about how well Ruth and Kate know each other. I am sure they know each other better than I know them because they share all of their secrets with each other. They tell each other what they have dreamed. They talk about friends and school and boys and such together in a way they do not share with me. If I want to know these intimate details, I have to drag them away from their games and play and ask specific questions. Of course, I am sure that as their mother, I can see their potential better than they will ever know. I have a sense of difficulties they will be facing in the coming years. I know how making certain choices will affect them and their personalities in a way that they cannot. So, I know that I am a very important figure in my daughters lives even if I am not that intimate best friend. In fact, I am very grateful that they are best friends with each other. Right now, I know they are good influences on each other. And like me, they are both total tattle tales. So, I do know about the crushes, friends, and embarrassing moments-- just usually third party.

No comments: