Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rachel's Food Prayer

Rachel can now say a prayer when she is told what to say. This morning, she was asked to say the breakfast prayer. I said, "Say, Heavenly Father." Rachel said, "Hey Fa". I said, "Thank thee." Rachel said, "Tane ee" I said, " for food." Rachel said, "Foo." I said "Bless." Rachel said, "Bess." I said "Food." Rachel said, "Baby." I said, "And food." Rachel said, "And babies." I said, "and bless the food too." Rachel said, "and bess babies too." I then had her close the prayer, and we all laughed and laughed. She is so funny and stubborn!!!! Our breakfast didn't exactly get blessed, but all of you out there with babies, Rachel has blessed them today.

3 comments:

Em said...

Um that is about the cutest thing I have ever heard. SEriously. That little girl is a cutie.

Mary said...

That reminds me so much of Matthew when he first started praying...whatever we said he would translate it to "thankful for cars".

Becca said...

that is adorable! My goodness, I love your little Rachel! She is just such a doll. Stubbornness is kind of a cute thing ... sometimes. :o) In this case, it very much is.