Sunday, May 18, 2008

Food

This year I decided we would eat healthier. Well, no one else in my family has agreed. So when I went grocery shopping yesterday I gave in. I bought a lot of junk food and only a few fruits and vegetables. When I came home I told John the results of my trip. To my surprise, he did not seem happy. Then he said, I did not want you to buy junk food, I just did not want to eat a lot more vegetables. I thought that would keep the food budget down. Well, I had to laugh. I responded, "John, if I neither buy junk food nor health food we would just be hungry." A few minutes later when I was putting the groceries away, John looked through what I had bought. He said, "This is what you bought?" in a very excited voice. Then with even more enthusiasm he said, "I love those! Thank you, Diane."

No comments: