Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kate's Testimony

Today in Fast and Testimony meeting Kate bore her testimony. I was in the mother's room with the baby at the time, so I actually got to hear the whole thing very clearly, even though I did not get to see her. Kate began, "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know the church is true." Kate then said that she is glad that she has a testimony and knows the church is true. Then Kate began, "When I was a little girl I used to say my prayers really fast, you know, so I could get into bed quickly." Then Kate said that now that she is not a little girl she realized that she should say longer prayers. Kate said that when you pray you are actually talking to Heavenly Father and isn't that neat. You are talking to a real person. She said that now she is trying to really talk to Heavenly Father when she says her prayers. I did not know that Kate felt or thought those things. I am so glad that she bore her testimony and I could hear what she is thinking and feeling.

After Sacrament Meeting I had a lot of people come up to me and tell me how wonderful Kate's testimony was. I thought that it was wonderful. I think that Kate did a good job and that she even helped the grown ups by bringing to mind what prayer really is. The comment that I most enjoyed was Sister Mickey Cessna. She said, "It was so funny. This little girl came up and with all confidence said, 'When I was a little girl..', and I looked up at her and her nose was barely sticking over the podium." I wished that I could have seen her. But I am grateful that I got to hear my Kate loud and clear without having to say, "Be quiet. I want to listen to Kate."

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is really great...good going Kate. Elizabeth has been trying to say more sincere prayers after a primary lesson about prayer. I was impressed. My children don't bear their testimonies much...maybe because I do it every time. I loved hearing my children while I was in the mother's room, unless it was that I could hear them making noise from our pew and that it was being picked up clear up front in the microphone!!!

Judy said...

Very touching. I am so very proud of Kate----will you tell her so. Good job, parents!