Friday, May 23, 2008

Anya

Tonight I was laying in my bed with my legs propped up with Anya using my legs as a back rest. Kate was laying beside me reading to me. I was not paying any attention to Anya, because I was watching the words as Kate read. Anya kept falling off my legs. When I finally decided to look and see why, I noticed that she was staring at my pillow sham. So I laid her down on her stomach in front of the pillow so she could get a better look at the pattern. Anya stared at it for a while and then rolled over onto her back and began fussing. I was still trying to pay attention to Kate's reading so instead of leaning over to Anya's mouth I stayed in my same position and placed her pacifier in her hand. As soon as Anya felt it with her hand she started cooing. Then she lifted it up, looked at it, and cooed some more. Anya just talked to her pacifier for a few minutes before putting it up to her mouth. I never did see if she got it into her mouth, but I just loved hearing her talk so sweetly to her pacifier. She is just a sweet and pretty baby. I love my little Anya. I am really glad that she is here with us.

2 comments:

Em said...

I love it when babies just sit and coo. It is one of my most favorite memories of my babies. Just sitting there with them and listening to them coo.

John said...

That is cute and funny. From, Ruth