Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some News

I sent Ruth off to girls camp early this morning. I can't believe I have a child old enough to go. She is quite excited, and I think she will have a grand time. There are a couple of girls that Ruth is very good friends with. Our neighbor, Bonnie who is as sweet as can be and her best friend and upcoming locker-mate, Lizzy who is in our stake. I think she is excited to be spending the next several days with both girls. I am excited for her too. I loved girls camp. I always had a ton of fun and I made some pretty good friends there too. It is neat to be sending my first child off to something I found so fun so long ago.

We got a new little girl kitten (I will post pictures when Ruth comes home with the camera.) She is a cute, sweet little baby and we plan to let her have kittens on the basis that everyone, including John, understand that we will not keep any of the kittens ever. If this becomes a war, I will get her spayed. Otherwise, we thought this would be a nice way to have baby kitties around a couple of times a year.  Our cat, Boy, whom we all love and adore is having a bit of a crisis since the new Kitty came home. He has hissed at the kids, which he never does, and now yesterday he left us, one whole rabbit, one gutted headless rabbit and two gutted mice. Thanks, cat. We think you're great even with out the presents. (One rabbit was black, and the other white. I hope they were not some one's pets.)

John has finally decided on a van to buy. Now, he just has to do the work of buying it-- going there, settling on a price, getting a loan, and he will want a mechanic to look at it. So hopefully, it will still be for sale by the time he bothers to do all of this stuff. I wonder how long it will take me to get him over there? John always feel like this sort of thing is am unpleasant waste of his time, and he is not excited about getting a new van.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love kittens! they are so yummy! And Happy Birthday to your little one. Good luck on the van buying. I hate buying cars too, it's a huge pain!