Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Dynamic Duel


Ruth asked me why I never post good things about her on my blog. I guess it is because I try not to brag. But for my beautiful daughter, I will go ahead and brag all day. I pridefully declare that I have two awesome daughters!!!! Ruth who is 13 1/2 and Kate who is 12 are my dynamic duel. They are good and stalwart and serviceable. They are kind and generous and caring. They are gracious and talented. They try hard to get along with each other and other people. They are friendly and fun. They are studious and successful.

  • Good and Stalwart-- Ruth and Kate know that they are happier when they keep the commandments of God. They read their scriptures and listen to the teachings of the modern day prophets. They discuss the things of the gospel with their parents and try to apply it in their lives and and behavior.
  • Serviceable-- Ruth follows me around all day asking me how she can help. There is a girl in our Young Womens group with asperbergers that would not go until Ruth befriended her and invited her to come. When she came, Ruth sat beside her and talked to her. Kate is always making delicious treats for our family and neighbors. Kate spends a lot of time playing with and caring for Joseph and Joshua. Kate also spends a lot of time talking to her father and doing the things that he likes to do.
  • Kind and Generous, and Caring-- When some one in our family is sick or injured, Kate is right there caring for them. Johnny was very sick all this last week and Kate was always volunteering to bring him drinks and crackers when I was too busy. She also spent a lot of time sitting near him and talking to him. Ruth and Kate are always buying little things for their younger brothers and sisters and friends with the money they have earned for themselves. When we have family events Ruth will chase and wrestle and play with all of her little cousins.
  • Gracious and Talented-- Ruth never forgets to say thank you and is always happy with what she gets. Kate is always telling me what a good mom I am even though she is getting to that age. Ruth and Kate are both good artists. Ruth likes sing and works to be a good singer. They spend a lot of time drawing and creating things. They like to swim and dive. Kate likes to run and works on that. They are talented.
  • Getting Along-- Ruth and Kate definitely make a big effort to get along with each other even though they are very different. They truly are best friends. They are also nice to other girls and like to have friends and be with their friends.
  • Friendly and Fun--well, just hang out with them for a while. They are fun and witty yet still kind in their speech.
  • Studious and Successful-- they are amazing home schoolers. I hear other moms complain about getting their kids to sit and study. Ruth and Kate get their books out and work straight for 4 to 5 hours without complaint. I do not have to tell them to do their work. They just do it. Before home school each was a straight A student in all of the top classes. I would say they are hard working. Kate especially. She had  a hard time learning to read, but she worked diligently and it has paid off. 
Yes, I have two awesome daughters. I am so glad Heavenly Father gave me my amazing girls first. They help me so much everyday. My life as a mother of 8 is so much easier because of my dynamic duel.

5 comments:

Amy said...

It's hard to find the line between pride and sounding like you're bragging huh? Your children are amazing and this didn't sounds just like a (rightfully) proud mom and not at all bragging. :D You have beautiful girls.

Courtney said...

Wonderful Girls! I hope my two girls can be just like them.

Alida B. said...

Your children are just beautiful. Your two big girls are pretty fantastic just like their mommy! :)

rozanny said...

I agree! You have some very good girls and I love them!

LeAnn said...

I had three lovely daughters that were much like yours. I loved reading about your two sweet girls. Right now my oldest daughter who homeschools has two older daughters that remind of all that you have said about yours. What treasured blessings you have in those two.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying those family moments!