Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dear Husband Turns 40

John turned 40 yesterday. I can hardly believe it. He has now entered his 5th decade. That just seems old to me. The weird thing is that he probably has not reached the half point of his life. That half point is likely around the corner though. I will be 36 next Friday. That, for the first time makes me feel old. I got married and had children so young that my age always seemed appropriate. Even with all that, 36 seems old to me. I guess John and I are truly middle age now.

3 comments:

rozanny said...

And look at what you have to show for it! All the best things take time!

Amy said...

Whoa! Middle aged? That sound WAY older than I think you are.....

Happy birthday to John!

Daughter of Eve said...

well if that makes you and John middle aged .... that makes Dad and I the ancient of days!!!!!! Oh and by the way...tomorrow is the Big 3 6 day...oh how I remember you trying to get into this world....I love you sweetie...on the other hand you could look at your age from "gee I have 4 more years before Ruth is 17!" mom xoxoxox