Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Years Resolution Revisited

For my 2011 new years resolution I wanted to get both Anya and Joseph potty trained. Anya potty trained within two weeks of me making this goal. I tried starting Joseph in June, but I couldn't get him to pee. I tried a little after he turned two near the end of July-- same thing. I tried again recently. I thought if I just gave him a lot to drink and sat with him for a few hours, pee would just happen and I could tell him that is what I wanted him to be doing. So, during General Conference, I got Joseph to drink 1 glass of water, 2 cups of hot chocolate, and one cup of orange juice. I sat him down on the potty just as conference began. We sat and sat and sat for the entire two hours and no pee. We had to go to the library between sessions. So I put his diaper on him and then he peed A LOT. I guess he has really good bladder control, but he is one stinker to get to pee outside a diaper. I am not sure, I am going to get this done before December 31st. I am still going to try, though.

4 comments:

rozanny said...

Haha! That's hillarious!

Alida B. said...

Lol. Stubborn little guy! This is a true testament to no matter how many children we have each one is different and what works for one will not work for the other. Have you maybe tried an incentive? With Liam we did the fill him up with liquids thing too and he really responded to a bag of m&m's. At first he'd get 5 and slowly I tapered off on th incentive through out the week and we never looked back. I bet you've already thought of that but I figured id share an idea just in case. :)

Alida B. said...

I meant 5 m&ms total...not 5 bags!

Courtney said...

I have been experiencing the same thing with my 2 year old boy! So frustrating- my girls were so easy. Can't wait to hear what you do. I decided I'm just going to wait, but keep reminding him of all the great privileges to being potty trained.