I had to get a picture of "the mood".
First thing, I wanted to take the littlest kids to see the Christus and to feel the spirit up there. I also thought it would be a great place to take a picture of all 8 of my kids together.
It was hard to get them to look at the camera. But I am glad that they enjoyed looking at the Christus. This didn't melt away Ruth's mood, though.
So, of course, I had to get another picture of "the mood".
We then went and looked at the neat displays in the lower level of the large visitors center. Then we went out to see the flowers, the fountains, and the Temple. I thought I would try again to get a picture of all 8 of my children with the pretty flowers in Temple Square.
I sat the kids that are capable of sitting up to look at the water and for some more pictures. That may have been a good idea, if Joseph did not get an idea of his own. He sat right in the water.
With Joseph all wet, we thought we'd take a break and go and watch the movie in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. That went really well at first. We got there just as the movie was about to begin, and we didn't even plan that. The kids were being good and quiet and even Joshua and Joseph were watching the movie. Until about 3/4's through the movie. Joseph, Rachel , and Anya got bored and started trying out some empty seats. I let them wander a little because they were being quiet. That is until we heard Joseph really start to scream. Ruth and I rushed toward him and he was upside down in the the seat , the seat popped up and his head got stuck in the crack. At first we yanked his head a couple of times. The movie played on and Joseph screamed louder. Then we tried pushing him through the bottom. That worked. I promptly took Joseph out of the theater, and we waited here for the movie to finish.
We headed outside. On the north side of the Joseph Smith memorial building, there are these meandering river-ish fountains. The kids started to walk along the ledge. I wanted to go up to the Temple steps for one more try at a picture of all 8 kids. So we meandered along
Until....Rachel fell in Backwards.
We laughed. a lot. She cried a lot. We decided not to go up the Temple steps for a wonderful "Families are Forever" picture of all 8 of my kids. So went went back to the reflection pool.
Joseph got in again. Sometimes, we just can't learn.
With so many of us wet, we decided to head home. That we did, but we did stop for one more photo. This time it was only the willing victims.
I know this sounds crazy. But we had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. Thanks for the attitude Ruth, getting your head stuck Joseph, and falling into the fountain Rachel. I had a lot of good laughs. I love my big family-- teenagers, toddlers, and everyone in between!
5 comments:
I did not slap him, he was trying to bite my hand (because I didn't want to continue arguing so I said talk to the hand and he kept trying to bite my hand) and so I had my hand up, so he had stopped trying for a bit so I decided to put my hand down. While doing that Johnny tried to bite my hand again and since my hand was coming down he lifted his head so his face was at my hand. And then when my hand came down it had hit something hard. I turned to see that my hand had my Johnny's mouth. It was an accident and I said sorry like a thousand times. So see totally accident not on purpose.
-Ruth :)
Oh how I can relate to this one. It is so hard to get any kind of a picture with a big family. I enjoyed reading about your adventure. Pictures were wonderful.
Blessings to you!
I think you got some good pictures, and I got a good laugh I especially like the picture of Rachael-- that's classic. Very funny day for you!! thanks for sharing!1 I liked Ruth's explanation too!
LOL. That sounds like a pretty interesting time! Wish me and my kids were there. It would have made it more interesting.
I'm glad that you got a picture of you with your kids! I think it's hard to get pictures of mom with their kids!
Post a Comment