Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Girls Camp and News

Ruth and Kate got back from girls camp last Saturday. They had a great time. They behaved and didn't fight with each other.  Except Ruth who fought with one girl there. I do not have any pictures, though because I do not have a camera kids can take. That is going to have to change.

When they got home I had them talk to me about camp. I asked if they had been homesick and they both guiltily answered no, and they were about the only girls there that were not. They didn't need to feel guilty, however. I am very glad that they had fun and enjoyed themselves and didn't miss home. Besides, I was never homesick and always felt bad about that. And, I missed them,but things went on normally and happily without them. So when they said, "How was it without us?" I felt a little bad saying, "Things were good and happy." I like it that way though. I feel excited for my kids when they get to go away and do fun things. I don't worry too much either. So I don't want them worrying and fretting about home. I want them behaving and having lots of good fun.

I had two pieces of news for the girls when they came home too. While they were gone my brother, Seth got engaged. Ruth and Kate were completely shocked about that one. We are all so happy for him. He has been sad and alone and rejected far too much. I will post more about that when I get a picture of the two of them.

The second piece of news was John got a new job while they were away at camp. We were hoping for a much bigger pay raise. It is only $4,000 more a year. But it is a job and it is doing what John is best at and he will be using his math PhD so that is great. So John will end working for KRD, July 31st, and he will start TDW on Aug 1st. We will not have a gap in pay at all.

3 comments:

Em said...

I'm glad they liked Girls Camp so much, it was always the highlight of my summer. I loved it.

Handsfullmom said...

What a blessing about John's job! And I'm glad the girls had fun at Girl's Camp; Lillian left yesterday for her first one.

Bethany said...

I'm so happy for Seth! and Congratulations regarding John's new job!