We are still in recovery! The Robertson's are AWESOME!!!!! We went up Friday night, unpacked our stuff in Jeremy and Rosanne's basements and went over to Grandma's for the beginning of the festivities. We swam, ate a really yummy BBQ chicken dinner, talked, joked, played games, got bitten by plenty of mosquitoes, and probably watched a movie or two before returning to Jeremy's basement at 1:30am to NOT sleep with two babies on top of us. We woke up from our not sleep and returned to Grandma's. Again we ate, swam, played made awesomely creative pinewood derby cars, raced said cars, spilled plenty cans of soda, ate more, and returned to Jeremy's basement at 2am. We somewhat slept with only one baby on top of us. We woke up at 10am or 12pm (depending on which sleep shift you had) and made it to church with Jeremy and Rosanne and crew around 1:10pm. Then it was back to the Robertson's for more yummy food. Of course being at the Robertson's we had to have a special dessert ready so we could manage to not eat the real dessert before dinner. So we ate pre-dessert, dinner, dessert, played and talked more, made more messes, and then had a cute family talent show outside. We ate more, played more, talked more and went back to Jeremy's basement about 1am. We slept with two babies in completely separate rooms from us (we can learn) and actually slept. We woke up around 10am, cooked a yummy breakfast, cleaned and packed a lot if we weren't already playing soccer. Everyone went back to Grandma's, except I took our duds home and made our beds at home. Then it was more swimming, talking, playing games, watching movies until the Driveway of Fire!! We lit a million sparklers (using the spakler boxes for a mini bonfire works well to light 12 sparklers at once!) Then some of us threw a million or so flowers and it started to rain. At first the rain was nice and light. But then we were wet. So we paused on the fireworks and went in for some awesome homemade icecream and the first 10 minutes of MegaMind. Then it was back to some absolutely amazing rocket fireworks. Back in for more I'm too tired to get my fat bottom in the car chitchat. Finally getting said bottom into car and going home, arriving at 1:30am. We took one day of to do laundry, then back up to Grandma's to say our goodbyes, swim, get sun burns and bee stings, play more games, make more messes, mourn the end of the very fun holiday and home by (drum roll please) 12am!!!!
| I wasn't really good at taking pictures. Here are a few that we have. |
3 comments:
It sounds exhausting but fun.
I love family reunions. We have ours every two years so next year we will be back planning it again.
Blessings to you!
It was pretty awesome I must say... and honestly... for someone who takes their camera everywhere (me) I didn't take a whole lot of pictures either.
Your weekend sounds so fun, except for the lack of sleep. And, I think I would have gained five pounds with your family, but I would have enjoyed gaining them.
What great memories for your family. :)
Post a Comment