Sunday, July 31, 2011
Anxiety
About a year ago I read a blog about sleeping in a robe or with a robe nearby in case of a middle of the night fire, and then having to evacuate into the street. Before then, it never occurred to me that our house might actually catch on fire in the middle of the night. So of course, I slept in whatever I felt like when I went to bed-- no worries. Sometimes, I wore pajamas, sometimes, I dropped them by the side of the bed. Recently with the warm weather, I have not wanted pajamas on, and for the first time in my life I have been worrying. I worry that if the house starts on fire in the middle of the night would I have to make the choice between putting on my pajamas or getting my babies out. If I put I my pajamas, well sure, I am decent in the street with my neighbors watching my house and possessions burn. But what if those few minutes makes it so I don't get to all of my children in time. What if I lose a child because I put my pajamas on. On the other hand, what if I don't put my pajamas on and we all make it safely into the street with the neighbors and ALL of my clothes burn and I am left standing with the neighbors and... well, you get the point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
LOL. I worry about this all the time. I keep thinking that once my kids are older and responsible (like your kids) I won't have to worry about it anymore...now you've dashed those dreams!
I've worred about that too. Just keep a long coat or bathrobe next to your bed, so when you jump up, you can grab it and go and save all your children! Problem solved! PS> Since you're married you won't have to worry about cute fireman. You told me once when I was like 6 or 7 that I had to wear my cute pajamas to bed, because what if we had a fire and would I want to be rescued by a cute fireman in my ratty old t-shirt and undies. I put the cute pajamas! LOL!
Very funny! pick the kids, a neighbor will lend you something or grab a blanket with the kid. You'll be fine.
I have the same worry... the few times I fall asleep without jammies on I end up waking up and putting them on. In the summer I have a very light cotton nightgown. Good luck going media free- you have to break through the wall, but once you do it's awesome....
Too funny and true! I've thought about this before too. Hopefully this will never happen, but I agree with Amber I'm sure a neighbor would help out quickly. I know I would do that for someone else.
There have been just a couple times when I have been so sick that I could care less who saw me what way.
A fire would probably have the same effect. You'd be just so grateful to have your family. Then, Of course you'd just have to move, because that's embarrassing. :)
This is prob my fave post you have EVER written. haha. I love it. And let me calm all your fears...any kind neighbor would go grab their own robe for you to wear if it did come down to you running outside in your Gs. And also, if you're house was burning I think you really wouldn't care if you were buck naked in the street if all your fam was safe. so don't stress it. :o)
Post a Comment