Thursday, October 21, 2010
Good Persective Change
Often I feel very busy and overwhelmed with the tasks of taking care of all that goes with raising my children and keeping home. My evenings are very busy, with cooking dinner, cleaning the house, bathing the kids, reading and getting everyone to bed. Over the last six months I have often found myself wishing that John would do more. Then about a month a ago John got sick. He was not doing anything, nor would I have asked to him too. That is when I was blessed to have a change in my perspective. John was sick and therefore I was doing everything that needed to be done. I helped with all of the homework, did all the cooking, organized and completed all of the chores, did all of the reading, and all of the bedtime routines. By the time I had everyone in bed and the house cleaned, I was absolutely exhausted! I really had no idea how much John actually does to help out at night. I guess I thought just because I am very busy, I was doing the majority of the work. It's good to know, just how much my dear husband helps out. I really appreciate all he does, especially helping Ruth with her math and tucking Anya and Rachel in at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It seems like we spend so much of our lives being selfish and wanting someone to recognize how much we are doing when the people we want to recognize us just want us to recognize them.
Thank you for helping me to remember that.
Good point! Raising lots of kids is a lot of work.
I realized how much my husband does when he was out of town for a couple days. It's just super busy now. My house is usually a wreck-- oh well.
Post a Comment