Well, we had Christmas and an enjoyable week of school off. It was cold, but we got the trampoline set up and the kids have been enjoying that a lot. We read together, played games, cleaned, baked, drew, and colored and just enjoyed our last week of our winter break. It's back to school on Tuesday.
We took down the Christmas decorations on Thursday. After everything was done and cleaned up, I sat next to Kate on the couch. Sam walked by, walked into the corner that had the Christmas tree, came out, got our attention and pointed directly to the place where the Christmas tree stood and babbled something in a very questioning tone. It was very cute. He was definitely confused about what happened to the tree. John too, has said more than once that he likes the house better with the Christmas decorations. I suppose it does seem kind of bare now.
Another time this week, I heard Susan and Arwen talking together. Susan disagreed with something Arwen said, so Suzy said, "You are bad, Arwen." Arwen simply replied, "I know I am not bad because mom never says it."
Kate recorded these fun interactions she had with Arwen:
"Arwen recounted the tale of the time that Josh was a little baby and she took care of him and kissed him. When we laughed at her for being younger than Joshua, she change the story to her being the baby. When I asked her if she liked Joshua, she blushed and said, 'Yeah' shyly, 'That's why I kiss him sometimes.' Kids are really fun.
She also asked me if I remember the book I got for Christmas. I asked her if she meant this Christmas or last Christmas. She responded, 'No not last Christmas, there is no last Christmas, there will still be more Christmases!'"
And one more cute story: Susan called Joshua bad. Arwen said that she likes Joshua and Joshua is not bad. I asked Arwen if Joshua was her good friend and she said yes and that she loves Joshua and wants to marry him. but Joshua doesn't want her.
Pictures
2 comments:
We just cleaned up Christmas. It makes me sad too. I like all the lights and the tree. Unfortunately I think I was allergic to the type of tree we got this year. Now that it's gone I feel much better.
It sounds like you had a good Christmas break. I always love to hear what the little ones say. Kids' do say the cutest things. We just took our tree down today and it does seem a little bare. Because we were in Hawaii this year I didn't get enough of traditional Christmas.
Wishing for you a wonderful New Year with your amazing family! Hugs~
Post a Comment