I had the worst and best tracting experience this week. We arrived in Hemel for a dinner appointment an hour early, and decide to tract around the area. We began to knock doors and about the fifth door down we heard a dog. It rammed the door barking madly. Sister Nunes panicked and I was almost excited. I thought getting chased by a dog is something that hasn't happened in my mission and would be a fun story. The owner came and stopped the door. We told him we were missionaries and tried to hand him a card to make our escape from the dog. As we were handing him the card he slipped outside. He was an older man and he smelt drunk. Not to mention he acted drunk. Immediately he began to flirt with me. "Do you like older men?" No. "Do you like gingers?" NO. "I think me and this girl have a special connection." NO! We! And then he hugged me! Ah! I told him no and I tried to move away but he just grabbed me! Gr... We moved as quickly and as angrily as we could from that house across the street. While knocking doors we met this older man and he said he believes in the bible but wouldn't define himself with all the Christians. He then began to tell us what he believed which was exactly what we believe. We testified to him and gave him a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. He gave us a family card with his number, address, and the name of all his children. Then we called him the next day, but he hadn't read so we agreed to call another day. The every next day he texted said he was reading and would love to talk to us! Yeah! That was a wonderful miracle!
I just got news that Elder Friatag from my district is moving to my old area. It is really sad. He is just like my little brother Johnny, and looks like him too. Haha. Anyway he will say hello to everyone in Cambridge and Bury for me!
Thank you everyone for Christmas! I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We spend our Christmas at Sister Ling who gave us Chinese food and at the Baron's, who is the senior couple here in Watford. It was a really good day and I loved the food. Today or what is known as Boxing Day we went to the Bettridge's and they have one of the biggest houses I have ever been in. It was gorgeous and we had so much food! Bacon (real bacon!) And crepes with nutella, croissants, sausages, melon, and mushrooms! It was the best Christmas/Boxing Day breakfast ever!




1 comment:
Congratulations on Ruth's white Christmas baptism; awesome! It does sound like she had quite the experiences. I didn't like the drunk man one at all. However, she did have an lovely miracle with the other contact. This report was a fun one and I love that you are sharing her experiences.
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment