
Yesterday in the evening, we received a friendly knock at our door. My kids answered quickly. I was expecting a friend of mine to come and pick up 3 kittens for her farm. It was this friend and 2 of our other friends with tons and tons of stuff for our family to help during this time of unemployment and the birth of our new little baby. My friends secretively gathered a lot of our Facebook friends and friends who know our family or just John or just me and gathered all of these needful and nice things. Everyone donated items-- money, gift cards and many people wrote sweet and kind notes to go along with it all. There were beautiful homemade items and nice store bought items. We were given baby clothes, clothes for me, gift cards for clothes, gift cards for a dinner and movie date, a costco gift card, a hair cut gift card, and more. We were also given new towels, baby bath supplies, lotions, soaps, freezer meals, tons of diapers and wipes, essential oils, gifts for the kids, and cash! My 3 dear friends stayed and chatted and I opened all of the gifts and we had a baby shower of sorts. I am so very grateful for the love that was showered on our family. My kids acted and felt like it was Christmas. I am touched and I am reminded that Zion will come again. I can see the gathering as we learn the doctrine of Jesus Christ and stand together, and I can see the gathering in the service and love given. My heart is happy. I know this was a tender mercy. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people love and care for us. I hope I can do this for other people in the future.

The People Who Showered Us with Love
- Aislinn Mellor
- Amanda Miner
- Amber Wadman
- Ana Blake
- Andrya Lewis
- Ann Checketts
- Aimee Kieffer
- Cheryl Savage
- Christina Starr
- Christina Bartholomew
- Courtney Montierth
- Gerilyn Merill
- Jalayne Grow
- Jenifer Moss
- Jennifer Camargo
- Jessica Washburn
- Judie Balzer
- Kassie Welch
- Kati Wafford
- Katie Esplin
- Katie Newbry
- Katie Richins
- Katrina McNiven
- Lanette Draper
- Laura Lake
- LeNell Jensen
- Lisa Richardson
- Margaret Martell
- Marybeth Lemon
- Melanie Arkoudas
- Misty Zaug
- Montserrat Wadsworth
- Natalie Larson
- Paula Jensen
- Raelyn Davis
- Ruby Johnson
- Ruth Carruth
- Sarah Eastley
- Siobhan Downing
- Viki Bailey
- Amber Peck
- Blake DeRosia
- Bonnie Atkinson
- Britt Kelly
- Dave Thayler
- Elizabeth Downie
- Emily Farrer
- Jen Pocock
- Jill Wright
- Kaylene Thayler
- Michelle Linford
- Natalie Koopman
- Nathalie Bowman
- Rebecca Reiman
- Renee McDonald
- Stephanie Sorensen
- Tim and Wendy Barron
- Vickey Taylor
5 comments:
This is just wonderful!
That's awesome!
Wow, that is so awesome. What a wonderful gift of love and service for a very deserving family.
Blessings to all of you and also for them.
Just awesome!!
Oh, how fantastic!!! :-) I know some of the names on your list! What a wonderful testament to how we really can have Zion in our hearts. <3
{{{Hugs!}}}
So great to have good people in our lives! I am so happy you are so blessed! The kids have gotten so big! Nice to "see" you guys again ;)
Post a Comment