Monday, June 30, 2014

This Week at Our House # 26



  1. I sure wish I could say that John at least had a job interview, but nothing, and while he will continue to apply for at least five jobs a week, I am sure we will not hear anything until after the holiday. John has had lots of time to spend with baby Susan. He has taken care of her while I took my mom and the kids out shopping and to the dentist.
  2. I am slowly healing. Susan is not a great sleeper yet, so I am still constantly tired. I look forward to getting back to my normal routine. For now, my 4 oldest children have been helping a lot by doing a lot of extra chores and helping with meals and the younger children. I am am very blessed with all of my children. Even when life is rough, I have blessings uncountable.
  3. Ruth had a great time shopping with my mom. My mom loves to take the teens shopping and they love that time with their grandma. I am glad that Ruth had that opportunity. She has done so much for her family since I got pregnant. She makes my life so much easier.
  4. Kate got to go shopping with Grandma too. Kate has always had a good relationship with my mom. I am glad she has that. My grandparents all died while I was quite young. I love that my kids are getting more time to know their roots and who they came from. Kate and Ruth started an online gym class. On the second day they had to run a mile and record their time. They did it in less than 7 minutes and both swore they would never run again. I sure wish I could run a 7 minute mile or even run a mile straight.
  5. Johnny got to spend a lot of time with my mom too. My mom bought him new shoes. He is wearing just one shoe size smaller than John-- crazy! Johnny has been spending a lot of time studying his scriptures. He reads and takes notes and then tells John and I his insights. He is an incredible boy!
  6. Adam seems to be having a rough time. He is sucking his finger constantly and being very wild. John and I are planning to try and get more one on one time with Adam through Joshua. They all seem  to be having a hard time between the unemployment stress and the adjustments of a new baby.
  7. Rachel has 4 more days left to the school year. I am so glad that we are finally coming to the end of the 2013-2014 school year. Rachel has been arguing constantly with me and she is only 8. I really need to figure out a way to get this under control so that Rachel and I can have a good relationship.
  8. Anya absolutely adores Susan. She has become my go-to for holding the baby even though Anya is only 6. Anya just does such a good job with her. She is gentle and holds her correctly. Susan seems to really like Anya too. She is very relaxed when Anya holds her.
  9. Joseph has been on and off. Some days I feel like he is amazing and doing great and other days I feel like I am constantly getting after him for pulling the house apart. 
  10. Josh definitely is in the tantrum toddler stage. We have been working on his screaming fits. Josh had this really funny conversation with Kate this week. It went like this: Josh: Kate, I love you.
    Kate: I love you, Josh
    Josh: Then don't play with my things, Kate.
    Kate: O...kay
    Josh (coming in with the lego bat mobile that Kate designed and built herself): This is mine, Kate. Don't play with it.
  11. Arwen is doing great!!She loves, loves, loves Susan which is a surprise to us all. She has also been talking a lot more which is a relief to me because she is almost 2. 
  12. Susan is a sweet baby. I am so glad to have her here safe and sound and a part of our family. She is held constantly and very adored!
This Week's Pictures


















2 comments:

LeAnn said...

The pictures are awesome. Your new baby is adorable. I loved the picture of all the children together. I enjoy the pictures of the children and you.
I feel sad that your husband hasn't found work yet. You are in my prayers.
You do have a lovely family and I think you are all amazing.
Blessings and prayers for you all!

Amber said...

Such a beautiful baby and family. You are very blessed!! thanks for sharing! You make me smile! Take care and I hope the other stuff works itself out sooner rather than later.