Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This Week at Our House # 25



  1. I almost skipped this week because of having the new baby. Then I remembered that I wanted to get to 52 of these posts this year. So here is our weekly check in coming late. We have heard nothing from jobs. This is very stressful when I have time to think about it. I have a friend in a similar situation. Her husband's job loss is going on a year and he has had very few interviews too. John was great while I was having the baby and has been taking good care of the baby and I. I am glad we get to have the joy of a new baby while we are in the midst of this unemployment trial. 
  2. Last week was a busy week. We found out that we were going to induce for the baby at my midwife appointment Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were big prep and house cleaning days. I am so happy to have little Susan here. She is sweet and alert and fairly calm. We are not sleeping a ton at night, but that is okay, I am glad to have that quiet time in the night with my little newborn.
  3. Ruth has helped a ton. She went to Manti on Friday for youth conference. She is now working on her summer health and fitness class. 
  4. Kate loves little Susan and likes to hold her. Kate had pretty much the same week as Ruth. I am glad they got to get a break and go to youth conference.
  5. Johnny had a good week. He is reading some American history for summer break. My mom arrived just an hour after Susan was born and Johnny has had a good time strengthening his relationship with his Grandma.
  6. I have been making Adam do a lot of reading. I am hoping he will learn to love to read. Adam and Rachel both like to say reading is boring. John and I love to read and I hope to instill that in all of my kids. 
  7. Rachel is still struggling through to the end of her school year. Poor kid. But she did get into Legacy Prep for the fall!!! She will be in school and on the same schedule as our other kids. I am so grateful for that. (As long as we don;t have to move of course.) Rachel is happy about that. So Adam, Rachel, Anya, and Joseph will be in school all together!
  8. Anya LOVES Susan. She wants to hold her and talk to her all the time. She is just so adorable with her.
  9. Joseph is doing well. I really would like to get more time in with him. I am not pregnant anymore and in the next couple of months my energy levels should return to normal. That will be a good thing for Joseph and Joshua.
  10. Josh has been struggling. He likes Susan, but I think he is feeling a little left out and abandoned. I have been focusing on using a kinder tone with him and that seems to be helping.
  11. Arwen, much to our surprise, loves Susan. She loves to hold and sit next to her. She will be a good older sister, I think.
  12. Susan is healthy and very alert. She is quite strong too. I am so happy to have her here safe and beautiful. I love getting to meet each of my wonderful children. Birth is such an amazing and Godly experience. I feel blessed to have been able to participate it in another time.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This was a fun update. I continue to enjoy reading about your family. I will continue to pray that you dear husband get's a job soon. I know how hard it is to have such a struggle with jobs. My husband lost three jobs through the years and it was very hard.
You baby is just so precious and I am so thankful all is well with the baby and you..
Blessings, love and hugs. Give that sweet little one a hug from me.

rozanny said...

I love that everyone is enjoying having a new baby. I hope that you recover quickly and I'm glad that Rachel was able to get into the same school! Yay!