Thursday, June 7, 2012

15 Years Ago Today

15 years ago today I rolled off the couch I was not exactly sleeping on and went to get ready for my wedding.

15 years ago today, I wished that I had someone to help me fix mt hair for my wedding.

15 years ago today, I drove with my parents from Provo, UT to Salt Lake City to be married in the Salt Lake City Temple.

15 years ago today I felt really really nervous walking into the temple.

15 years ago today, I was really glad to see John Robertson waiting for me in the temple. He looked as nervous as I felt.

15 years ago today, John and I walked together into our pre-wedding and temple recommend check interview.

15 years ago today I sat with John and a whole bunch of other couples to be married in a waiting room in the Salt Lake Temple. I felt like the luckiest girl there.

15 years ago today, My mother cried through the whole ceremony, and I paused before saying yes, making a few people nervous.

15 years ago today I was married and sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and the best man I had ever met.

15 years ago today, I found true happiness.

4 comments:

Amber said...

15 years ago you didn't have 8 kid's with nine on the way.
I am so happy for you. I'm glad you had such a wonderful life with John.

Daughter of Eve said...

15 years ago I cried out of pure joy and happiness that someone had found the girl of his dreams, who would change his life for the better and love him no matter what, that someone is you my sweet and beautiful daughter. Who has been true and faithful to the covenants and has found joy beyond measure, that is why I cried through the entire ceremony. John, I sure hope, realizes the gem he has in you. I know you feel blessed to have him, but as your mother I truly believe he got the biggest blessing in you. And oh yes, your hair went well with the flowers and my wedding gown that you made more elegant by just wearing it. love you my dear forever, MOM xOxoxox

rozanny said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that we all ended up as family!

Mom of 12 said...

That is awesome! Congratulations. Amazing the journey we have all been on, isn't it?
Sandy