We had 2 Angels show up to help our family last week.
The Seen Angel
On Monday, I had a person really give me a lot of grief about my choice to have a big family. I don't think I have taken so many insults in so few minutes since my freshmen year of high school.Tuesday, I was feeling very emotional about it. But, I wanted my kids to be happy and did not want to just sit around all depressed, so I finally came good on my promise to take my kids to the new City Creek Mall. As we were about to leave, an older lady asked me if all of those kids were mine. I replied that they were. She told me to come over to her. She explained that she was from Puerto Rico and that many years ago two American Missionaries blessed their family with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She said that for the last twelve years she has been visiting Salt Lake City and every year she picks a family that she feels like emulates the gospel and gives them a gift. She said my children seemed so good and happy and just by being there we were doing a good job sharing the gospel. She then gave me $60. I cannot even say how much we needed that money. I didn't want to take it, but I knew this was a tender mercy of the Lord and that I needed to accept both the much needed complement and the much needed money from this good angel.
The Unseen Angel
On Friday, I took all 8 of my children to Wal-mart to shop for Father's Day. They were not so good and happy this time around. As I was checking out, one of the kids pushed the cart away from me. Joseph and Joshua were both standing in the basket in the cart. Just as I was putting my wallet away, Joshua, who had been crying and fussing jumped out of the cart and landed on the cement floor of Wal-mart. We took him out. His mouth was bloody because he had bit his tongue, but I could not as yet find any bumps and bruises. We got in the car, and went to the next store keeping him awake. When we got out, I checked him all over everywhere again. His tongue was fine and still no bumps or bruises. We went into Costco, and to my surprise, he was happy to eat a variety of samples. I was still watching his eye dilation and waiting for him to vomit or even to just be really cranky-- but he wasn't. At the car, I checked his head and all of his body for bruises again. Again, no bruises. We went home and checked him some more. Joshua did not have a single bump or bruise anywhere on his body. He never showed any signs of concussion. All he had was a red spot on his tongue from where he bit it. We know an angel caught Joshua.We are very grateful for those angels both seen and unseen.

2 comments:
Yeah, Sadie fell out of the cart at Target because she wouldn't sit down then reached for something on the shelf. I was freaked out and got a lot of stink eyes from passers by. She ended up okay, and I suspect an angel caught her too
I cried Diane... that sweet lady from Puerto Rico...
Post a Comment