I feel like I have just barely been surviving this last little bit. I am so tired. My body does not do pregnancy as well as it once did. I used to be the fun mom taking my kids places all summer and reading to them and teaching them like crazy. This summer, I feel like if I get the chores done, a little bit of reading in, meals made and maybe a swim in, I am doing awesome.
BUT... I have a few important things that I NEED to get taken care of above and beyond the ordinary, before the baby comes. I am writing my list here to both help me remember and hopefully to shame me into getting off my tired bottom and getting them done.
The List
- Clean out my closet and get the bed set up for the baby.
- Clean out both linen closets so that I can find the correct blankets and sheets.
- Apply weed killer on lawn and flower beds at least a couple more times.
- Get Ruth and Kate's room cleaned and organized.
- Buy the stuff and hang another sturdy shelf into the laundry room.
- Clean out both fridges, and clean underneath all the appliances.
- Reorganize the coat racks.
- Buy and find a place for baby girl clothes.
- Take the little kids to Lagoon as promised.
- Get reservations made ASAP for a 3 to 4 day family camp trip.
- Survive camping with the family less than one month before the baby is due because we need a cheap little family vacation.
I hope to revisit this posts with a lot of things crossed off before August.

3 comments:
Sounds like a good list! My 2 cents (not that you asked) - several of those items can be done by your kids and if you are up for it pay them to do those for you! Time or money, which do you have extra of? Or maybe it should be energy or money...LOL!
The kids will help with pretty much all of them. I just have to initiate it. The two oldest are in charge of meals after the baby comes, so they are already practicing the menu planning and cooking.
Can I help? I can come up and let kids make a mess with your kids while I helped clean or watched kids while you ran to the store to get shelves, etc...
Post a Comment