Monday, November 21, 2011

Shakespeare Parents Night

Friday, we had Shakespeare parents night. Ruth, and Kate, and all of their Shakespeare classmates have been studying the Elizabethan Period, reading 7 Shakespeare plays, working on over 100 vocabulary words, and making fancy presentations to teach their classmates. All of their work from the last 3 months concluded Friday night with a 15 minute production of Julius Caesar preformed for the parents and families.

Kate, the Soothsayer warning Julius Caesar to "beware the ides of March".



The senate stabbing Caesar

Ruth, Antony's servant, delivering her speech over Caesar's body.


Time for a Bow!


Ruth and Kate are really enjoying this class and all of the people they are working with. They have learned a lot including how to do hard things like read a whole bunch of Shakespeare. Now they will start actors training and begin practicing for the BIG play of The Twelfth Night.

4 comments:

John said...

Mom forgot to mention that I was also Brutus's servant Lucius. (I decided to be who ever was left over)Basically being Antony AND Brutus's servant means that I was my own enemy.
- Ruth;D

rozanny said...

Way cool! I bet they did great!

Birrd said...

Hard to tell from a side view, but one of those boys looks suspiciously like my nephew who lives in SLC. Latest newsletter from my brother (his father) talks of a homeschool Shakespeare performance of Julius Caesar the boys recently participated in. Hmmm.....

John said...

That could very well be your nephew. We are with a SLC group meeting in Holladay.