Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Seventh Birthday


My little man, Adam turned 7, November 4th! He is my one kid that I tried really hard to get here. He came after 2 miscarriages and 6 months of "trying". The doctors told me that after 2 miscarriages, I had a 60% chance of having a third. I was really nervous those first three months until I saw my healthy little 3 month fetus wiggling around in the ultra sound. Still, Adam arrived reluctantly, 2 days late and my longest labor of 4 hours (I fired that doctor; he wouldn't break my water).

Adam has always been our funny kid. He has been making jokes since he knew about jokes! He is tough and sensitive all rolled into one. He LOVES his big brother, Johnny, and does what he can to be just like him.

At seven, my little Adam tries very hard to be a big kid. He cannot know this, but he does way more and is way more capable than my 3 older children were at this age. Unlike my older 3, Adam picks up giant messes (messes weren't so big back when Ruth was 7),  he clears out the dish washer and loads in dirty dishes; he vacuums; he changes diapers; he dresses little kids. He buckles and unbuckles babies in their car seats. He doesn't know that I have never required this of a 6/7 year old before, and I won't tell him. I need his helping hands.

But, unlike my older 3, he is the only 6/7 year old to stay up late on a regular basis watching movies and playing games with mom and dad. This reminds me, he also tries very hard to like movies and T.V. shows that he really doesn't like-- Just so he can prove that he really is a big kid!

For his birthday, we spent the day with some of his favorite cousins just before they moved to Arizona (sniff, sniff). It was a small party, but Adam really enjoyed the day with his cousins.



1 comment:

Alida B. said...

I think Josua looks so much like him! Wow! My 12 year old's birthday is also November 4th. It's a good day for a birthday :)