Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Something to be Grateful For



Occasionally something I loathe lends me gratitude. I loathe puking. I didn't puke at all between the ages of 10 and 20. I was never even a little tempted by alcohol no matter what my friends said because I couldn't understand why anyone would purposely drink something that could make them puke. I actually debated with myself over having children because barf horrified me so much. Of course, everyone knows how that decision turned out. I am not so terrified from puke anymore, but I still loathe it.

Yesterday, Rachel was sick. She wasn't immensely sick. She had a fever and vomited once. But, she didn't like being sick. So she prayed. Rachel prayed a lot and hard. Every time she thought she was going to puke, she prayed that she would not.

Rachel is my child that always says scriptures, and church, and almost anything spiritual is boring. She has been the hardest to get to come for family prayer and family scripture study. As a mother raising a child in today's  world of "whateverism", I have been a little concerned. So, today, as I ponder my blessings, I am most grateful for illnesses that bring us to our Heavenly Father, even if that illness ruins Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I hope your sweet daughter is feeling better. It is good when you can see your children catching on to the spiritual things.
Hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
Blessings and hugs to you!