Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Week About Faith: Final Post

My guest write for Saturday did not follow through, but I have a friend who will write something for me sometime next week. So We will get 7 articles on faith not from me.

I think this has been a very uplifting week. We have been blessed by the stories and faith from six amazing women. As I have read this weeks posts, The scripture from Proverbs 3:5-6 has come to mind over and over.
  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."


If I had to sum up the themes from this week. This is what I would say
  1. Trust the Lord and  keep the commandments
  2. Trust the Lord and follow the promptings one receives from the Holy Ghost.
  3. Trust the Lord and know that His will is better for you than your will.
  4. Trust the Lord to know that when times are rough, He is still with you and
  5. Be patient in affliction.

I want to thank all of my wonderful writers. I could have written my heart out all week and not have come up with so much. So Thank you writers. I have learned a lot. Your writings have helped me to become a better person, and I am sure there are a lot of other people out there who feel the same.

Diane

5 comments:

Amber said...

I skipped over these posts til now when I thought you might ask me about them and I had some time to read-- wow-- glad I didn't skip them. Thanks-- that was very uplifting!

LeAnn said...

I loved all of the posts on Faith. It was also fun to write one. This was a great idea and a good time of the year to do this. I myself and so thankful for my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I have faith in his plan for me.
Blessings to you for an enlightening and inspiring week of posts.

Amy said...

It has been a good week! I wanna do a theme-guest-writer week on my blog now.

I love this picture of you, it makes me see that all of your kids are YOURS they look so much like you and I've never seen it before. :)

Montserrat said...

Hi Diane,

I sent my post to you a several days ago. Did you not get it? I will try and resend it.

Shannon said...

I've enjoyed reading all of the posts about faith this week - very inspiring!