Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Little Worried

I am a little worried about Adam starting kindergarten, so I decided to ask him a few questions. This is how it went.

Mom: Adam I want to make sure you know some of the school rules.
Adam: Okay.
Mom: Is it okay to wrestle during story time?
Adam: No!
Mom: Is it okay to pick up sticks and hit other kids with them during recess?
Adam:No!
Mom: Is it okay to do kart wheels around the room when you are suppose to be listening to the teacher?
Adam: No!
Mom: Should you raise your hand if you want to answer the teachers question?
Adam: Yes!
Mom: Should you talk to your friends when the teacher is talking?
Adam: No!
Mom: Should you hit kids that make you mad?
Adam: No way.
Mom: Well, I think you know the rules. Are you going to follow them?
Adam: Yes!

At least I know he is accountable when he does do that somersault during story time. Hopefully, the stick and wrestling issues won't come up. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Your thoughts took me back to the time that my children were first going to school. I don't think I prepared them very well; but I do know that I was concerned all day to find out what they had done.
Children to day the darnest things; and I continue to enjoy the moments with children; but it is usually several of my grandchildren.
Blessings to you! LeAnn

rozanny said...

It's like my Primary class Sunday about obedience! They all say the things that they need to do and who they need to obey... then they all run around the room and throw chairs on the floor. Yeah... we had a serious talk. I think Adam will do better than my Primary class!