Sunday, August 29, 2010

Conversation With Rachel and Anya

As I was taking Rachel and and Anya out of their carseats:

Rachel: Mom can I have some candy.
Me: No, it is all gone.
Rachel (rolling her eyes and saying with a deep sigh): Okay, can I have some candy for my birthday?
Me: Yes.
Anya (gasping in surprise, looking from me to Rachel, and asking timidly): Can I have candy for my birthday?
Me (smiling): yes.
Anya (looking at Rachel quizzically and then back at me): Can I have gum for my birthday, too?
Me:Yes, Anya, you can.
Rachel: I want gum for my birthday too.

2 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Cute. Birthdays are so great! I often tell my kids when they are asking for something, "Well, you can ask for that for your birthday."

I hate gum, though. We throw it out at Halloween and don't allow it other times. It's just too messy. =)

rozanny said...

I can really ask for things that I want for my birthday! Great!