Today, I just don't want to do the laundry.
I just don't want to clean and vacuum the upstairs.
I just don't want to run to the store with a bunch of little kids to buy diapers.
I just don't want to make meals and clean up after them.
I just don't want to change diapers and read stories and wipe noises.
I just want to read my book.
But I will do the laundry, clean, and vacuum, run to the store for just diapers, make meals and clean up after them, change, diapers, read stories, and wipe noises. Then, if I am not too tired, I will sit down and read my book, but probably I will read Kate's book to her instead.
2 comments:
I guess that just doesn't change on some days. That's how I feel... but I'm trying to be more present and active as a mom than I have been. We'll see.
One of the most challenging things about being a mom are the everyday tasks that continue to get undone even as you are doing them. Those are the things that our family depends on us for. (I am trying to convince myself that I should begin and finish the laundry today.) It really does feel good at the end of a long day when you endured and you didn't think you could. (especially when you are pregnant.)
Post a Comment