Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sad, Sad, Sad

We were supposed to be closing on the house today, but that is not happening, nor do we know if it will happen. The appraisal came back $20,000 lower than our offer. We gave the appraiser new statistics and he came back at $230,000. The owner will not sell the house below $240,000. It is illegal to get a home loan for less than it was appraised for. This was the cheapest 5 bedroom house in the area that was built after 1978. We know the appraisal is wrong because there are no other 5 bedroom houses (even the ones with same floor plan for less than $250,000). We can't go up that high in price. We have ordered another appraisal from a different person. I really pray that his will go through. The loan consultant doesn't really think so, but the owner who had the house appraised before he put it on the market thinks it will. I really really want this to go through. We are not planning on moving again. I love this house. The floor plan, the yard, the fact that it is fairly new (2006) are all perfect for our family's needs. I love that the bedrooms are all together on the same floor. I love that the laundry room is off the kitchen in a decent sized room rather than in a closet up near the bedrooms. I love that the kitchen and living room are all one big room. I love that the house is completely surrounded by a cement patio. I really want this house. But if this next appraisal does not go through, then we will have to get a smaller 4 bedroom home without all of these things because there are no other choices. Then I will always feel really sad about not getting the house I feel like was made for us and wonder who got it instead. 

5 comments:

Becca said...

diane! I am so sorry to hear about this! This makes me sad sad sad too! Seriously I cannot believe it. I hope it all works out for you guys. You have seriously earned it.

Priscilla said...

That really stinks! I hope the new appraiser comes up with better numbers for you. What a yucky feeling to know the house that would be perfect for you is just out of reach; that would be so frustrating. We'll be praying you can get the house you need and want - you guys deserve it! Good luck. :)

Amy Eds said...

I am so sorry! I hope that the next one goes through! If it won't appraise for that much, then doesn't the seller HAVE to sell it for less unless someone has cash for it? I hope things work out for you!!

rozanny said...

We're praying for you!

Handsfullmom said...

Crossing my fingers that the next appraisal comes in better.