Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sad, Sad, Sad Part 3

Actually it is not so sad anymore. When we finally gave up and said we want out of the contract and give us our earnest money back the seller gave in some what. He said he would go down to to the appraisal price if  we give him an additional $3,000 cash, pay our closing costs along with our minimal 3.5% down so he gets the same amount of money as he would have from the original contract of $240,000 we put $12,000 down and the seller pays the closing costs. This is very tough for us to come up with really about $5,000 extra in just a few days. We sold the car we bought from John's brother back to him for the $1440 we had paid him and his wife. They needed the car and we needed the money so that worked out all the way around. Then we are just using our entire months pay for the rest. We will still have to pay our bills, but we will have no money for food or anything until May 1st. We probably would not have accepted these terms if interest rates hadn't suddenly risen and are predicted to continue to rise. If we went with plan b and built a house to be completed in August our payments on the same loan would be $120 more per month over 30 years. So we felt like we needed to go ahead even though the terms of sale from the seller are awful, awful, awful for us.

John has asked me if I am excited that I am getting the hose that I wanted. I'd have to say this whole things has been really hard emotionally and a LOT of work, so I don't feel excited. Plus, the month of April is going to be really hard. However, I am sure that once we are moved in and unpacked, I will be very happy with the house. I really love the floor plan. It could not have come up with a better plan for the same amount of money if I had designed it myself. So in time, I know I will be happy. Right now I just want to make it through the closing and the move and get to May with out too much on credit card.

Oh, I should also mention that I heard from the loan consultant and underwriting has approved us and we are closing for sure on Friday. We weren't sure how long that was going to take, but it actually took less than 24 hours. I am glad about that. It is nice to know it will really happen.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It will all work out for the best, I just know it!

rozanny said...

Yay hooray! I'm so excited for you both because you got the house and also because you're done with the whole mess... now the moving mess begins. Let me know when you need kids out of your hair or anything...(I'm willing to help clean, I just don't know whether you think adding 2 more kids to the litter will help or hinder more.)