As I was preparing her bath water the conversation went as follows:
Me: Rachel, did you know that Dad wanted to name you Joy? Do you wish your name was Joy?
Rachel: No. I like Rachel. RAY--CHEL.
Me:Your water is nice and hot now, Rachel.
Rachel:I hate hot water. I want it nice and warm.
Me: Okay. It is perfect. Come here Miss Merry Rachel.
Rachel (not coming): Don't call me that.
Me: (picking up Rachel and undressing her): Merry means happy. You are happy, aren't you Rachel.
Rachel: No. I am mad because you called me that. I am getting very, very mad.
A little while later while washing Rachel up, and after hearing the earlier conversation.
John: Are you mad at Mom?
Rachel: yes.
John: You shouldn't be mad at your mom. She loves you.
Rachel: I am just a little bit mad now.
1 comment:
That is really cute.
Post a Comment