Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Really Wish This Was Not True

House passes health care reform, the most sweeping social legislation in more than four decades.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh, and I am not just lacking in compassion. We do not have health insurance coverage right now.

1 comment:

rozanny said...

My worry is that all the taxes will have to be increased and that it won't only be harder to afford to live without cutting back (ie: cutting our retirement fund in half, moving to a different home, etc...) ... but also that people don't realize that they're hiring IRS auditors to make sure that everyone has insurance and they will have the "right" to confiscate tax refunds if they aren't current.

Personally I'm most nervous about what it means for us having more kids... I'd like to have 3-4 more... but we already paid about $3000-$5000 out of pocket just to have the two that we do have... and that was with insurance. Will we end up paying more per child, plus higher insurance premiums, plus more money paid to doctors and immunizations... There are too many unknown factors while we plan our family! We are going to have kids... but what will we have to give up to have them?