Most of my kids have decided what they are to be called at 3 years old. This totally makes me laugh to see this tiny person so instant on who they are. Rachel is in the middle of this right now. These are my memories:
Ruth: Insisted her name was "Girl Ruthy," or just plain "Girl". She even got in an argument with her dance teacher when her teacher told her that her name was not Girl. (Ruth hates this embarrassing story.)
Kate: When people asked her what her name was she would promptly reply, "Kateprettiful." The funny thing about this is that when Kate was 2 she objected if we called her pretty. Kate would say, "That is not me. That is Oofy (Ruthy)." (Kateprettiful embarrasses her now.)
Johnny: Johnny insisted that everyone call him by his full name of John Washington Robertson. He corrected everyone and told them to repeat it back the right way.
Adam: He never insisted much about his own name. He usually wanted to be called Adam, but he named our cat "Boy" at this same age. He called everything either boy or yellow. I am glad that cat got hte name of Boy instead of Yellow.
Rachel: Right now insists on being called Rachel or cute. If we use any other adjectives to describe Rachel she will break town into tears and tell us that is not who she is. She says, "I am just Rachel, and I am just cute." I would have to say that she is both cute and emotional. She has also decided that Mommy is "Funny". When she says she is cute she says, "You are funny, Mommy. Isn't that right?" The other day I was telling Rachel about our move and she said, "Stop kidding, Mommy. You are annoying me." I wonder if she thinks funny is annoying?
I suspect there is more to come as we have other children reach the age of 3.
1 comment:
It'll be fun!
Post a Comment