Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rachel's Prayers


Rachel is just 2 1/2, so naturally I help her with her prayers. Each night I tell Rachel what to say for her prayer and then she says it. Last night Rachel started something different and funny. Here is her prayer last night:

Me: Say Heavenly Father
Rachel: Heavenly Father
Me: Thank Thee for Jesus
Rachel: Thank Thee for Jesus
Me: Help me to be good
Rachel:Help me to be good
Me: In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
Rachel: Thank thee for Boy (Boy is our cat)
Me: Amen
Rachel: Boy
Me: Oh okay, Thank Thee for Boy
Rachel: Thank Thee for Boy
Me: In the name...
Rachel: and babies
Me: Okay, and babies
Rachel: And babies, and daddies
Me: and daddies
Rachel: and daddies
Me: in the name...
Rachel: and daddies and daddies and daddies
Me: and daddies and daddies, and daddies in the name...
Rachel: and daddies and daddies and daddies in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

I thought it was just adorable that Rachel had a list of her own things to be thankful for, and hilarious that she had me say them so she could say them before she was satisfied. She did the same thing with John tonight when he was having her say her prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo cute

Daughter of Eve said...

good morning Diane.....It has been awhile since I have checked out your family blog! It seems to me, between wonderful sweet kid prayers and family silliness, all is wonderful and well! Rachel is such a beauftiful and sweet and cute girl all rolled into one....she sure is a blessing to all of us. I so am looking forward to Seth and Natalies' wedding and being with all of my family who will be there....you are a very wonderful mother...keep up the good work, you are a blessing to your children, a good mother is someone to cherish...and by the looks of the faces of your children on this blog...you are exactly that...a blessed mother...I love you for all the wonderful moments you have given me in my life....MOM xoxoxox

Em said...

That is seriously the cutest thing ever ever ever. That probably would have made me either laugh my head off or cry or do both at the same time which often happens these days. I cannot get Harrison to say prayers. he folds his arms very well and kneels and waits until the end to say Amen. But he will not say one yet. someday I guess. He really isn't a big talker though, so it doesn't surprise me too much.

Shannon said...

I think it's wonderful you have all these precious moments preserved. With 6 kids you've gotta be busy from sunup to sundown, and then some - but having these written down is a beautiful thing.