Sunday, September 2, 2018

This Week at Our House # 35 More Dental Surgery


Johnny had his wisdom teeth removed on Monday. He was very different from Kate about it. He would not talk for most of the first day after the surgery, and he did not want a lot of ice cream. Kate talked the moment she got in the car and only wanted to eat ice cream. Because of Johnny's surgery, and because we started school 3 weeks early, I gave the kids the week off from school. We will start back up tomorrow in full force, even though it is labor day. The kids enjoyed their week off, though. They just played a lot and were pretty calm and happy not to be doing school work. We also made it to the beach on Thursday. It was hot and the water was calm, so a perfect beach day.


  1. We've heard nothing from jobs. John said he was going to really push to move forward to get his next game finished and out. I hope he does, and I hope he gets some job to relieve us from our poverty.
  2. I enjoyed the week off from school. Teaching school takes so much time and I am always worried that I am not doing enough and that our kids are not learning enough. 
  3. Ruth is in an interesting area. I think it is pretty city with all the city problems. 
  4. Kate took care of Johnny his first day after his surgery. She was also available all week to make him whatever food he wanted.
  5. Johnny spent the week in pain and playing video games, so he had a vacation too.
  6. Adam still did his computer programming, even while he was on vacation. He also spent a lot of time caring for Sam when I was busy or sneaking in a nap.
  7. At the beach, Rachel told me that she likes to go out in the water with Adam because she always feels safe when he is there. She said that was because Adam is big and strong.
  8. Anya spent much of the week in her room building legos. She would disappear for several hours and then come out and show me her latest creation. She made a lot of houses, including a pretty cool tree house. 
  9. Joseph spent time drawing and writing. He has now gotten interested in those two things and in trying to really do them well. This is a new transition for Joseph, who up until this point, most people would have said that he had adhd. I guess he is finding something that he likes to focus his energy on.
  10. I started Joshua reading in the Book of Mormon this week. At first, he was very apprehensive to do it, but then, he gained some confidence and is reading it without too much trouble. 
  11. I also started Arwen on reading the Book of Mormon. Arwen is funny because if something is unfamiliar to her, no matter how many times she has read a word in another book, she feels like she cannot read it in a new book. It was quite challenging to get her started and confident enough to read words that she has been reading without trouble for many months. 
  12. Suzy is a lot more talkative and imaginative. She has been playing all day long and even making up games. 
  13. Sam likes to play with Suzy. He tags her, screams, and then runs and she chases him. It is pretty cute to see him try to get her to play.
Pictures




















2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh my dear, I am so praying that John can make something happen soon. I know you will get this blessing somehow.
The photos show how much fun you had at the beach. All the images were happy ones.
Having wisdom teeth out is a hard one. I remember that each of my children reacted in different ways of having their teeth out. I do remember they all loved ice cream.
I always love reading how they help and play with one another. Kate is such a dear to help with her brother and all that she does.
It sounds like they had a nice week off doing creative things.
I love that you start your children reading The book of Mormon. I do think it is the best book for teaching children to read.
Have a sweet week everyone! Hugs~

rozanny said...

I'm glad Johnny's doing better. I was a lot like Arwen. Even if I knew the word, in a "harder" book it was impossible to read. By third grade I was given a tutor and something clicked... by fifth grade I was tutoring the younger kids.