Week 53
We got transfer calls on Sunday and well, I am staying with Sister Wilcken and Sister Thiruthuvaraj as a trio here in Enfield. There is a Senior couple moving into Enfield, the Williams, but that will be all the missionaries here.
Monday we got permission to go to London. It was beautiful, but very windy. We went all over and saw the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and London Bridge.
Most of this week we have been running to and from appointments. We are teaching so many people! We saw Kelvin with Alex and he made us Nigerian chicken. It was so good!
We taught Steven who is 17 and so good! It is funny how we found him. Last transfer I was calling some of the formers on the phone and I called him and set up an appointment, not knowing that the elders were currently teaching him. However, since the elders left Enfield we have continued to teach him! His friend is a member and he comes to church quite often.
Most of this week we have been running to and from appointments. We are teaching so many people! We saw Kelvin with Alex and he made us Nigerian chicken. It was so good!
We taught Steven who is 17 and so good! It is funny how we found him. Last transfer I was calling some of the formers on the phone and I called him and set up an appointment, not knowing that the elders were currently teaching him. However, since the elders left Enfield we have continued to teach him! His friend is a member and he comes to church quite often.
We are also teaching Nicholas who is a boyfriend to one of the members. He is so good. He has been
to church three times and reads the Book of Mormon everyday. He also tells us what he likes in the readings we give him, and has invited his sister to come to church.
We are also going to be teaching this boy named Rafi who comes to church every week with his uncle. His mother is not a member but is happy for us to teach and help him to be baptized.
On Sunday we had a miracle of eleven of the people we are teaching came to church. That never happens. It was wonderful! And they enjoyed it! I am so grateful to heavenly father for that. I know that any reason why we are prospering in this work is solely because of him. I cannot do this work, but it is his work and I am grateful he has allowed me to be an instrument in his hands.
We are also going to be teaching this boy named Rafi who comes to church every week with his uncle. His mother is not a member but is happy for us to teach and help him to be baptized.
On Sunday we had a miracle of eleven of the people we are teaching came to church. That never happens. It was wonderful! And they enjoyed it! I am so grateful to heavenly father for that. I know that any reason why we are prospering in this work is solely because of him. I cannot do this work, but it is his work and I am grateful he has allowed me to be an instrument in his hands.
This week I have been reading Alma 26 and I love it! The verse I want to share is verse 37 "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." This is one of my favorite verses to share with people. God is mindful of every people. This I know is true, and this I see as I meet missionaries from all over the world whose lives have been touched by the gospel and wish to touch the lives of others.
Week 54
Once we became a trio our schedules combined which meant we had no time for anything. Everyday we have had about seven appointments. Then add travel time on top. We had almost no time for dinner or lunch. We did see a lot of miracles this week. On Monday we had a game night which was a lot of fun with a few of our investigators. On Tuesday we got to work.
We saw Kelvin and visited a bunch of new investigators.
One miracle we saw was that we taught Mehrdad and he had a migrain for days to the point in which his eyes were red and Sister Wilcken prayed for him to heal and within a couple of minutes his migraine went away. Mehrdad had been to many doctors but they had all only given him medicine which did not help heal him.
One miracle we saw was that we taught Mehrdad and he had a migrain for days to the point in which his eyes were red and Sister Wilcken prayed for him to heal and within a couple of minutes his migraine went away. Mehrdad had been to many doctors but they had all only given him medicine which did not help heal him.
On Friday we taught Simi the gospel of Jesus Christ and she says she wants to make better choices everyday and that she wants to be baptized. She likes the Book of Mormon and says the teachings are the same as in the bible. Simi is a sweet girl who is 23 and works in a care home. On Sunday she came to church and loved it, she also told us that her work had been begging her to come to work, but she told them that she was going to church and would not work that morning. It built my testimony that God prepares people, and that there are people who want to change and become better.
On Saturday we saw Zidaine and Shawayne and one of the first things they asked for was a children's Book of Mormon. Zidaine loves what we give him to read, he even falls asleep with the plan of salvation pamphlet. Even Shay who is 20 and autistic was asking for the children's copy of the Book of Mormon. I know Elouise is still there for her grandchildren that they might receive a chance to accept the gospel. They were both eager to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy ghost. It struck me how a child could understand so much and desire it so completely. Shawayne is going to ask his mother for permission and Zidaine's mother wants to speak to him to see if he understands what baptism is first and if he understands what he is doing. It was the first time we saw Zidaine's mother, so Sister Wilcken left in the lesson to ask her permission and I asked the two boys if they would like to be baptized and they both exclaimed yes! Shawayne even wanted to be baptized the next day which was Sunday.We then went a taught Rafi and his mother had us teach his younger brother Erwin as well. She, herself, is not a member, but she wants both of her boys to be baptized. We taught them both. Rafi knew more since he had been coming to the church and wanted to be baptized. Erwin knew less but when we taught him he knew that it was a good thing and desired it. We put them both on date for November 3rd a couple weeks after Erwin's eighth birthday. I want to give these boys the chance I had to grow up in the gospel. I want to give these boys the chance to have the gift of the holy ghost and the standards and truths of the gospel in their teenage years. They deserve it. Every child should have that chance. Rafi's mother was so kind. She gave us chocolate from Ghana and set up sweets and a drink for us to teach her boys. During the lesson she would come and watch and was pleased. I know as she keeps coming for the lessons her heart will be touched and she will come to desire it in her life as well.
On Saturday we saw Zidaine and Shawayne and one of the first things they asked for was a children's Book of Mormon. Zidaine loves what we give him to read, he even falls asleep with the plan of salvation pamphlet. Even Shay who is 20 and autistic was asking for the children's copy of the Book of Mormon. I know Elouise is still there for her grandchildren that they might receive a chance to accept the gospel. They were both eager to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy ghost. It struck me how a child could understand so much and desire it so completely. Shawayne is going to ask his mother for permission and Zidaine's mother wants to speak to him to see if he understands what baptism is first and if he understands what he is doing. It was the first time we saw Zidaine's mother, so Sister Wilcken left in the lesson to ask her permission and I asked the two boys if they would like to be baptized and they both exclaimed yes! Shawayne even wanted to be baptized the next day which was Sunday.We then went a taught Rafi and his mother had us teach his younger brother Erwin as well. She, herself, is not a member, but she wants both of her boys to be baptized. We taught them both. Rafi knew more since he had been coming to the church and wanted to be baptized. Erwin knew less but when we taught him he knew that it was a good thing and desired it. We put them both on date for November 3rd a couple weeks after Erwin's eighth birthday. I want to give these boys the chance I had to grow up in the gospel. I want to give these boys the chance to have the gift of the holy ghost and the standards and truths of the gospel in their teenage years. They deserve it. Every child should have that chance. Rafi's mother was so kind. She gave us chocolate from Ghana and set up sweets and a drink for us to teach her boys. During the lesson she would come and watch and was pleased. I know as she keeps coming for the lessons her heart will be touched and she will come to desire it in her life as well.
I am thankful for this gospel and for the chance I have to be a part of it, and a part of this great work.
It is God's work. I am grateful that we can learn the truth of the gospel and choose to act upon it. There is a scripture in Alma 5 which says: "45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."
I know that there is a God. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and redeemer, and is such for the whole world. I know that this is the only true church on the earth and it has the power and priesthood authority of God. I know the Book of Mormon and the bible are the word of God and Joseph Smith is a prophet sent from God. I know we have a prophet here on the earth today and that the church is still being restored.
I know that there is a God. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and redeemer, and is such for the whole world. I know that this is the only true church on the earth and it has the power and priesthood authority of God. I know the Book of Mormon and the bible are the word of God and Joseph Smith is a prophet sent from God. I know we have a prophet here on the earth today and that the church is still being restored.









1 comment:
Wow, this was a marvelous missionary update. I loved her testimony and the scriptures she quoted. Most of all I enjoyed her missionary experiences. She has some impressive baptisms coming, and her work is going forward rapidly. She is a very dedicated missionary. I liked reading about all of her investigators and teaching moments.
I loved this one!
Blessings, prayers, and hugs for Ruth!
Post a Comment