Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise

Today in church, Joshua got to start nursery (the class for 18 months to 3+ years), and to my great surprise, he LOVED it. I was nervous dropping him off, and hesitant to leave him. But, he actually went straight in and excitedly got to work on a puzzle. So I left my little guy. Unlike, half of the nursery, Josh didn't cry. He started baby talking to the leaders with a little smile on his face.

Josh played happily the whole time. He was absolutely fine without any family members present, and I think he even participated in the little activities. When I came to get him, he was chasing a little girl behind a stack of chairs.In all, this is the first time in church in months that Josh was not a nightmare.

I hope it stays this way. It is nice to have a baby like nursery.

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

I know the feeling on this one. I am happy for you that he was good. My last daughter threw up for a few weeks every week in the nursery. I was just about ready to give up my Primary calling. She had a hard adjustment and I always felt bad to leave her but the nursery leaders wanted me to keep trying. I did have my husband go get her at first.
It will be nice for you to have a while to enjoy your meetings.
Blessings to you!

Daughter of Eve said...

Deedee...Josh is just the cutest little kid....with the white blond hair he reminds me of the Wells family...Uncle Ralph was a toehead for many years....he is just the best little one!

Daughter of Eve said...

Deedee...Josh is just the cutest little kid....with the white blond hair he reminds me of the Wells family...Uncle Ralph was a toehead for many years....he is just the best little one!

rozanny said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY