I am so mad!!!! The Governor-- Governor Hebert-- vetoed hb363 that would have allowed school districts to opt out of teaching sex-ed and maturation classes. So, that leaves Utah just vulnerable as other states to the The new National Sexuality Education Standards, and Planned Parenthood Sex-ed Programs, (Planned Parenthood programs are already being taught in some school districts along the Wasatch Front).
Why are we now just as vulnerable? Because this law would have had to be taken to court, and would have given Utah more time without this crap. But now, it can slide silently into the schools sex-ed program and there isn't much the school board can do about it. Planned Parenthood is already proving this.
If you want to bother seeing what I said to the house committee that passed the bill, see this article.
2 comments:
I think it is awesome that you are involved in this discussion. I am a little confused on some of it. I went to West High years ago and I remember our sex education classes. At that time they mainly taught about anatomy and sexually transmitted diseases and some prevention. Of course, it has been too many years to remember very much.
Blessings to you for your efforts in this area.
I am pleased that you are being heard! Good Job Deedee.....we all know that if we don't take the time to make a stand we will be NOT heard....I am proud of you and your comment was right on for some folks...love you all ways MOM xoxox
Post a Comment