Friday, March 23, 2012

Trampoline

Around a year ago, Anya said to me, "Mom, I am trying to get a trampoline and it is just not happening. Will you help me get a trampoline?" My heart was touched, and I decided then and there that we needed to spend the money and get a trampoline for our kids. I wanted to get one for Christmas, but we just didn't have the money then. I knew we had to wait until we got our tax return. We have finally done it! We bought our kids a trampoline! I am pleased to have helped Anya get her trampoline.






After a couple of days, I am sure that it is money well spent. We bought the largest trampoline and in our tiny yard, it looks GIANT!!! John insisted, though. He thought with the number of our kids, they would be safer on something bigger. The one safety problem that I see is actually the safety net. The kids "feel" safe, and barrel themselves or throw each other into the nets. They are not at all cautious about the edges or falling like they are on Grandma's open tramp. So, in this case, I am not sure a safety net really makes them safer. But our house insurance would cancel on us if we didn't have the net. And, we have to have neighbors and cousins sign a waiver if we are to allow anyone besides our own family on the trampoline.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Yay! That's one of my favorite memories from growing up... the trampoline in the back yard. And I don't like our net either... the kids like to zip each other in, and since neither of them are very good at unzipping the net it rarely goes well. And... the net invites our dog to use it as a bed at night... I don't like that one bit.

Daughter of Eve said...

you know I have been thinking of getting one for Tommy and Sadie only a smaller one. Looks like they are having a great time!