Blog Thought
So I have had a lot to write about today. In a way, I think I have been saving blogging for Fridays because I have been so busy with everything else and tired with the pregnancy. Hopefully, next week I will find time to spread it out.
Sugar Thought
I have noticed over the last week that every time I eat dessert, I start to feel ill. If I just eat a few bite, I get dizzy, and tired and it lasts for about a half an hour. If I eat, say a whole donut or piece of cake, I get dizzy and then feel nauseaus. Since type II diabetes runs in my family, I know that it is time to quit sugar, at least until the baby comes. Thankfully, my usually contrary about health food husband, has declared that we are not going to have much dessert around until the baby is born. He is doing this for my health and the health of the baby. So while, I hate to give up my love affair with cake, donuts, and ice cream, I am very grateful that my husband is going to support me in this.
Abortion Thought
My sister sent me and a bunch of family a Huffington Post article about other nations hating America because there are some pro-life laws being sent through some state legislatures. There was one ridiculous law about women carrying still born babies to term. I doubt it will pass. But the rest of the laws or potential laws sited were "personhood" and ultra-sound laws. I think my sister feels these laws are bad, and women should be allowed to make the choice to abort a baby. Honestly, I am not completely sure on her stance. I am sure on my stance. I think the bad law was to make abortion legal to begin with. Yes, I can see some exceptions, but it is not the exceptions that are most of the abortions. As far as ultra-sound laws go, I am all for them. 70% of women who have an ultra-sound after they have decided to have an abortion, change their minds. That means 7 out of every 10 babies that would have been killed are saved, and 7 out of every 10 women who would have made a decision that would have had ill effects on their mental health, do not have to face that. For personhood laws, I am ALL, ALL, ALL for them. Currently, being in my 9th pregnancy that has not ended in an early miscarriage, I can say very firmly, that my children are people with distinct personalities even while in the womb. Recently there has been talk about "after-birth abortion". The main argument in favor is a belief that a baby is only a "potential person". But, having had 8 newborns, I know without a doubt, that each baby has it's own personality, and they are all very unique and different. Making personhood laws is just making a law about what is real and true. What is a lie is that fetus are just a mass of cells, or just a parasite in a woman's body.
Joseph and Joshua Thought
Joseph is messy and wild. Joshua is neat and cautious-- he hates messy, slimy, or sticky things. When they eat, Joseph at 2.5 gets his food all over his face, in his eyes, ears, hair, shirt, and pants. The kid is a mess! I still make him eat in a high chair. Joshua at 14 months, is quite the opposite. Joshua gets his hands and face, and sometimes the tops of his shirts messy. I never have to wash off Joshua's eyes, ears, hair, or pants. I wonder if they will share a room well?
Teenager Thought
Now having been the parent of a teenager for one year, I'd have to say that at this point I like it. I like having the conversations that you can't have with little kids but that teenagers are willing to have all of the time. I like that the teenagers are so very independent. I like that I can embarrass teenagers very easily-- fun, fun, fun. And I don't mind that they like to stay up really late. I guess we will see how I feel in a few more years. So far, all is well and happy.
Kate Thought
Kate is one of my big conversationalists. She loves to talk, and always has a lot to say. Today Kate said, "Watching movies and reading books all alone is no fun. When you read a book with someone it is so much better, because then you have someone to talk about it."--- So very Kate. I hope she marries a guy who likes to gab about EVERYTHING!
3 comments:
Hope you're doing well! We're finally all feeling better but I'm afraid to go ANYWHERE in case one of us gets sick AGAIN...
ok...your sister does not agree with all stated in that publication, what really up set her was the actions of the senator who thought women should be treated like cattle. that is the reason she posted it. I found that this woman who wrote the article as did Mo to be way off base and a total left winger with thought for human rights for mother or unborn children.
Teenagers...WOW WOW you did NOT like it when I would embarrass you as a teenager and I so loved doing that...so on that one one thing is for sure what goes around comes around...and isn't it fun!!!! Do you remember this one? Lila actually reminded me of this. While at the grocery store, you 2 were in a different aisle and I yelled over the aisle asking Lila is she needed pads????? that was a good one!
Will the 2 boys like rooming together? HMMMMM maybe they will switch rolls and it won't matter...kind of like the pig sister story we have about the messy pig sister Betsy and the tidy pig sister Elizabeth...the mother decided the room with a line and that is when the sisters worked it out and they both found out that there a good things about being messy and not messy....love you sweetie...mommie xoxoxoxox
Do take care of yourself. I need to give up the suger too. I am so against abortions except for rare occasions. I do feel very upset about how and why they do late term abortions. Your information on this was great. Yes, each precious child is a unique person with their own special traits. I loved the thoughts on your children. Blessings to you and that sweet baby you are carrying.
Post a Comment