Friday, August 26, 2011

Kate Turns 12!!!!

For the last three months Kate has been saying, "I'm not 11. I am ALMOST 12." Now she can say, "I am 12!"  Kate is 60lbs and about 4ft 5inches. She is indeed a very tiny 12 year old. I wonder if this will be the year Kate hits that growth spurt

I think Kate would say that she had a great birthday. At noon we left and went to Jimmy John's for lunch. Then we headed to the mall. Kate used a gift card she got for her birthday and bought some clothes at Macy's. Then we all went over to Claire's and Ruth and Kate got their ears pierced. We went to a couple other stores in the mall, ran a few errands for Kate's dinner choice and went home. Kate got to spend time drawing with her dad. Then she opened her presents. Kate has been asking for The American Girl Doll, Felicity since Christmas. Little did she know, I bought the doll early in March. In May, the doll sold out, and we kept assuring her there was no way she would get that gift so ask for something else. After that we had a yummy salmon dinner and Kate's usual banana splits for dessert. Later John took the four oldest to see KungFu Panda 2 in the dollar theater. Yes, I think Kate had a great day.

5 comments:

Becca said...

OMG that sounds like a PERFECT birthday! happy birthday kate! love you girl!

Amy said...

So fun! Happy Birthday to Kate!

Caren with a "C" said...

You have such a cute family. My girls love their dolls! Happy Birthday Kate!

Daughter of Eve said...

Kate you are so beautiful...happy that you enjoyed your perfect birthday day....love you gramma

rozanny said...

Yay! Happy Bday Kate! You're official!