Friday, August 19, 2011

Two Dollar Tuesdays

In August, Thanksgiving Point has all of their things open for $2 each on Tuesday. I thought I would take the kids up to see the Dinosaur Museum there given the price. I have been wanting to buy a family pass, but we have not yet had the spare $200 I will need to do this. So the dinosaur museum for $14 sounded pretty good. Apparently half the state of Utah had the same thought. We went; we saw the many awesome dinosaur skeletons they have, and we did this standing in a pushing line of people. You could not go backwards in the line. It felt like being at a crowded rock concert (less noisy, though). Most of the kids enjoyed it. The Dinosaurs scared Anya, and Ruth felt like she is too old for dinosaurs. Anya kept saying, "get me out of this place." I think the large crowd made my shy child nervous too. Ruth walked around sighing. Kate loved it and took a million pictures. Johnny and Adam talked about each display with avid interest. Rachel and Joseph loved all of the hands on projects. So while, it was CRAZY busy, most of us still found pleasure in the trip. I think I will still try and gather that spare $200 for a family pass and go without half the state of Utah.




4 comments:

John said...

I still like dinos it was just too busy to enjoy. And you could tell like everything you looked at was face. Okay probably 99% at the most, but still....
-Ruth :)

rozanny said...

I agree... I asked Jer for a family pass out there for Mother's Day last year... it didn't happen, but maybe someday soon! I like it probably more than my kids do.

Anonymous said...

That seems like a really cool place! I really want to live in Utah for about a year and see how I like it. Maybe when all my kids go to BYU I can move out there ; )

Six-Lits said...

There's a really cool dinosaur park in Ogden that isn't nearly as busy but is really cool. Plus it's all outside (they do have a few fossils inside) and there's a nice park for the kids to play on when you're done walking around. We went there ALL the time while we lived in Ogden!!! (in case you need more dinos!)