Friday, August 19, 2011
Joshua and Eating
Joshua is a horrible nurser. He wiggles all over the place while he nurses. He comes off and on a lot. He gets all sweaty. I just don't enjoy nursing him at all. When he hit the 6 month point I wanted to start pushing the solid foods and cutting down how much he breast feeds. I did do that. He started out eating pretty well, although still wiggling all over the place. He seemed less fussy. Things were going well. Then a week ago, he didn't want his food. I tried everyday and he wouldn't eat. I would put a spoonful of food in his mouth, he would hold his mouth opened saying, "uh, uh, uh," until I wiped the food out of his mouth. At first I thought he must be feeling ill. We had had 2 kids with a stomach bug. I thought he would get over it. He still hasn't, but when we had chocolate cake on Monday, John was holding Joshua in his lap. Joshua dove for the cake and actually ate the bite he got. We all thought this was pretty funny. Anya gave him a few bites of cake and instead of holding his mouth open, he ate it. Now he will eat anything chocolate but nothing else! So I am stuck with a fussy nursing baby that will only eat chocolate. The kid is definitely a Robertson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Definitely a Robertson... Jer and Sammy both. At least Jer will eat what I make for him, but Sammy...
At least we know he has good taste! What a cutie. :)
Post a Comment