Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rachel and Anya's Dance Recital




Rachel and Anya had their big dance recital Friday night. They preformed second, so the dance studio let us sit them on our laps so they could watch most of the other dancers. I had to bring them backstage for the final bow. They were absolutely adorable!

Rachel knew her dance very well and did a really good job. She started dance class in September rather uncoordinated and awkward, and she ended much more limber, elegant, and coordinated. I am so glad this helped Rachel's coordination. I'm sure better coordination will help her overall future happiness. I will be putting her in a ballet class next September.

Anya, was just absolutely cute. She knew most of her dance, but at one point the girls change position from the front to the back of the dance group. When all  the girls changed, Anya got confused and started looking for her little tape spot on the floor. She spent most of the rest of the dance trying to find her spot (which wasn't there) until another girl pushed her forward. Then Anya remembered what she was suppose to do and finished the dance. The whole thing was just adorable!!!!

Their dance was a "Dance Myself to Sleep " dance-- thus the cute pajama costumes. All of the performers were given a trophy and all of the families will be given a dvd of the whole program.  Rachel and Anya love their trophies, and their new dance pajamas!!

2 comments:

Monika Pardon said...

very, very cute! I wished I had seen it.

rozanny said...

I bet it was so fun to watch! For me, there is nothing better than watching my kids perform! I love watching Ada in the Primary Program! I don't care if it's a perfect performace... I just like to see what she is going to do!