Thursday, May 12, 2011

Daily Life

I injured my left foot from exercising too much too quickly. I finally went to the doctors and it is plantar faciitis. That is inflammation of the connective tissue on the bottom of my foot. So I have to wear these awful, ugly supportive shoes all of the time until it is better. I also got this weird sock thing called the strassburg sock. It  keeps your foot contracted while you sleep. Apparently, your foot relaxes while you sleep and it starts to heal relaxed and then you re-injure it as soon as you stand up in the morning. This helps your foot heal in the standing position while you are sleeping. My foot does seem to be healing a lot faster now. I am going to get SLOWLY back into exercise today.
New - The Strassburg Sock - Regular Plantar Fasciitis


My cute sister in law, Becca, put the directions for this cake on her blog. I thought my kids would love it so I made it for an after school snack. They were really excited about it, but decided to save it until Dad came home. So we ended up eating it just before dinner.



I am finally staring a garden. I wanted to put in wood boxes since we moved in. We didn't have the money last year, and again, we will not have the money this year. So I decided to dig a big pit and bank up the sides to make a box out of earth instead of wood. The pit is now dug. Over the next couple of days, I am going to smooth out the sides and plant grass on the banks to keep them from eroding. Then next week, I will fill up the pit with potting soil and start spinach. Over the next 4 to 5 weeks I will get in some tomato and squash plants planted. I also have some basil started inside. I hope we are finally done getting snow here in Utah so my spinach won't die. It has been a long winter.
Anya has been dressing up as a unicorn almost daily, and carrying a stuffed unicorn around. She will crawl around and whinney like a horse too. She calls unicorns, "haycorns". She is funny. I love the antics of toddlers.
This happens a lot now. Joshua sits in his bumbo seat and sucks his hand while Anya comes over and sucks his pacifier. Joshua is getting so big. He will be 4 months old in a week!

1 comment:

Becca said...

hey hey! That cake turned out sooo cute! what a cute mom you are just to make a cake for funsies. I hope your ankle is feeling better. sorry...