Monday, February 23, 2009

AAaaaaaa.......I am NOT Ready

Two weeks ago, Kate and her friends made up a cheer that had a line it saying, "Boy's are not our friends." Kate was excitedly repeating this to Ruth who very plainly stated, "Don't say that to fifth graders, because fifth graders like boys." I was a bit surprised. As far as I knew, Ruth has despised all boys since she was 3. Teasingly I said, "I think Ruthy has a crush." Instead of complete denial like I expected, Ruth named off about 5 boys that she likes. Then tonight, I went shopping with just Ruth. Ruth talked about middle school next year, and who was going to which middle school. Then she said, "all of the boys that we like are going to msms, and we (meaning herself and about 4 other girls) are going to mms. So we have decided that we will share our feelings with them on the last day of school." It was the word "feelings" that did it. I can't believe this is happening so soon. Ruth will be 11 in 27 days. I thought I had a good 2 years. Oh well, at least she still plays with dolls.

4 comments:

Amy Eds said...

That is cute! You know, Mariah already has crushes. . . on 12 and 13 yearold boys! She lovs the deacons in our ward and one of her favorite cousins is 17 years old--once again, a boy! Yeah, we are really in for it!

Becca said...

hahahah


hahahahahahhaa
haha

ha.

This makes me laugh so hard. I will be excited when Grace is liking boys because it will just be the funniest thing ever. I will remember all the stupid things you worry about and go through and the games, and at the time it seemed so reasonably, so neccessary. And yet, years later, it's just funny.

Good luck Diane. I truly wish you the best of luck with your blooming daughter! ;o)

Becca said...

ps- Casidy and I played dress up and dolls all the way through junior high. Yup, we were awesome and immature, but hey. We had FUN.

Em said...

I totally remember having huge crushes on boys in 5th and 6th grade, and of course I was planning the wedding in my head too. ha! So funny. But I did meet ben when I was 15 so you may only have 4 yrs before she meets her one and only.....HAHAAHAHA.....just kidding. Yeah Ben said our daughter will never be allowed to date because he is a boy and he knows exactly what those teenage boys are thinking. poor sophie. Oh and I totally played with dolls until I was like 13. sheesh!